Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY: Fabric Cupcake Topper Tutorial

I just had to make these Fabric Cupcake Toppers I came across on Pinterest!
I was so excited to make them for Laurelei's First Birthday party! From start
to finish it only took me 1/2 an hour, such a fun, easy craft! I actually did it 
minutes before her party and I just whipped up a simple easy banner..  I'll
show pictures of as well.. I work well under pressure! haha Anyway
here are the cupcake toppers I came across on {Pinterest} check it
out for some awesome party ideas! I've made so many banners with owls
and different cuts, I wanted to try something new & fresh!

SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
-2 Coordinating fabrics of your choice
-Glue Gun & Extra glue sticks
-Pen or Pencil
-Needle & Thread
-Lollipop Sticks
-Scissors
First step is to trace your circles onto your fabric, you will need 8 
for one side I doubled up the fabric and cut 4 at a time, make the 
circles 2.5 inches in diameter.
 Second take one circle and fold it in half... like this..
Third fold it in half again..
Fourth do this same step for the next 7 circles.. gather them together
and run your thread and needle through the point like this..
  Fifth make a few quick stitches in and out..
 This is how it should look so far... pretty easy!
Turn it over and it should look like this...
The sides should look like this..
 Sixth step get the other half (the other 8 circles folded & stitched) 
and hot glue them both to the Lollipop Stick!
You should eventually get this..
Finally! Your lovely Fabric Cupcake Topper!!

Here are these bad boys in action! Laurelei's First Birthday Party!
  Laurelei's birthday was perfect! She was surrounded 
by her close family... what more could she ask for? 
She got some really cute presents and got to try a 
cupcake for the first time! She's never had any candy
or cake.. I figured she could have some this one 
time! It was her birthday! 

Enjoy linking up this week and don't 
forget to browse some of the craft blogs
below for some great inspiration!

THIS WEEKS LINKY PARTIES
Sundays & Mondays
Tuesdays & Wednesdays 
Saturdays
The End

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Found you through Craft-O-Maniac's linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I'm hosting a linky party and would love it if you stop by and link up!
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUCH an adorable idea! I've made very similar flowers before but I'd have never thought to use them as cupcake toppers! LOVE how they turned out! I would be thrilled if you would share them here:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/shine-on-fridays-11-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes are too cute! I found you through DIY Project Parade. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... sweet girls you are awesome! Thanks to Pinterest my baby girl had a really cute birthday!

    Jacqueline, Melissa, Amy, Shasta & Crafty Mischief.. I'm heading over to your blogs to follow you back and link up!! Thanks again for the cute comment love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful!! What a sweet touch for a little girl's birthday party!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is super cute.. love the idea!
    Thanks for linking up! Following you now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Featured you today on the One Artsy Mama Facebook page! Stop by and see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been featured at craftionary for your Super Awesome Idea.. :)Too cute to not feature.. :D Love it!
    Grab your featured button and enjoy.. :D
    http://craftionary.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-fun-party-features-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & love! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sweet Cupcake Treasury on Etsy